flagcro flageng flagger flagita

About Njivice

Once a small fishing village, Njivice, today is a well-known tourist destination and a seaside resort with soul where guests from the whole of Europe and other countries happily come to enjoy. Njivice were first mentioned in the charter of Lord Ivan Frankopan in 1474, although, judging by some archaeological finds, the village is much older. In 1710 beside Njivice the village Villa di sasso bianco, or Beli Kamik was mentioned of which only a toponym remains today.

In past centuries it was a small Krk village whose residents were mainly engaged in fishing, olive growing, animal husbandry and forest exploitation. In 1930 hotel Luka (now Adriatic) and villa Dinka were built and this year is considered the beginning of tourism in Njivice.

Over the past 80 years tourism has been the main activity in Njivice. Beautiful beaches, blue sea, plenty of shade and mild climate, with excellent accommodations, are advantages which are increasingly attracting visitors and promoting Njivice as a popular tourist destination.